Saturday, April 26, 2014

Teacher Appreciation : Cute classroom storage & organization

Welcome to the weekend Blue House fans!!  We are wrapping up our week on Teacher Appreciation projects today with some handy dandy ideas for classroom organization.  These cute tubs are sure to earn you bonus points with any teachers in your life.



What I love most about these is that they are so versatile.  You can change up the ribbons and embellishments to match the school colors or the classroom theme.  Or you can fill them with crayons for a preschool teacher and Sharpies for a middle school/high school teacher. 



These both came together easily too (WOOT).  I just grabbed a few supplies:

-Queen & Co tags
- American Crafts DIY badges, tags & chalk markers
-Bo Bunny Pop Quiz washi tape
-Ribbon & twine
-Empty Crystal Light container
-Galvanized metal tub (I have seen these at the crafts stores, discount stores and the hardware store)
-Corrugated cardboard

 


I wrapped the corrugated cardboard strip around the tub, made a tag using my chalk paper/markers, tucked some ribbon behind the tag. 



Next I added scor tape to the back of some ribbon and wrapped it tightly to the handle.  Cute huh?  Add some supplies, some snacks and you are ready to gift this puppy!

For the marker container, the process was pretty much he same.  I wrapped the top and bottom of the container with washi tape, used a DIY tag for the top, wrapped some twine around the middle and attached a Queen & Co. tag.  On the tag I used a DIY chalkboard badge and wrote #1 with the American Craft chalk markers (that I LOVE FYI).




We have enjoyed sharing all of our TAW projects with you.  We hope that we have inspired you to get crafting and show some love to all the teachers in your life.

Comment below and let us know what project from this week you plan on making.  I will draw one name to win something wonderful.

Our winner from yesterday is Susan (susiestampalot).  Congrats!  Email us at lbhbluecrew@gmail.com.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!!

Stay True Blue,
Cat















7 comments:

  1. The bottle full of cherry candies. O like that it's a treat and reusable for supplies

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea with the crystal light container! I used to save those but wasn't sure what to do with them. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the projects for teachers this week have been so inspiring! I plan to decorate a tub like the one above and fill it with some goodies for the teachers for end of the year. (Avery insisted on flowers for TAW.) I noticed some more uses for washi tape in your projects. Great job this week, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished my Crystal light and now I am going to re purpose the container. Thanks for the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tons of Crystal light containers saved up. Not for teacher gifts, but going to do something. Good to know the markers fit in there!

    ReplyDelete