Thursday, April 24, 2014

Another Treat for the Teacher!

Good Morning LBH Fans!
Miss Tracy here today and I have a couple of fun Teacher Gift Ideas to share with you! Our teachers give so much of themselves all year long...So don't forget to show them a little love during Teacher Appreciation Week. 


My oldest daughter Rachel teaches 3rd grade so I had her in mind when I designed my Teacher Treats.

I altered this cute milk bottle to use as a yummy treat container...filled with Cherry Sours! I love bottles because when the treats are gone, they can be used as something functional on the Teacher's desk...a container for pens, pencils, paper clips, etc....or more treats! 

I also know that every teacher could use help with organizing papers and such...so consider creating some fun, decorative, binder clips. These cute clips are SO easy and fun to make! You may even want to make a few for yourself...a pretty way to keep things organized at the office or in your scrap space!


Here is my easy "How To":


Begin by cutting some strips of paper...be sure they are long enough to wrap around your bottle. I used papers from the Pop Quiz collection by Bo Bunny. I used the following cuts for my bottle:
Red Print - one 1 1/2 x 12 (border punch one long edge)
Red Print - one 2 x 12 (border punch both long edges)
Yellow Print - one 1x12
Red Print - one scallop circle 

Ink the edges of your papers with Coal Miner Chalk Ink.


Attach the double punched strip and the yellow strip around your bottle using ScorTape....The ScorTape loves the glass! Grabs it really well...much easier than trying to use glue.

Glue the scallop circle to the lid...


The remaining piece will be used to create the rosette on the bottle. Fold at each valley on the scallop border...



 Connect the ends together...
 Be sure to keep the Mountain - Valley pattern going...


Punch a circle out of a scrap piece of paper. This will be the foundation piece glued to the back of your rosette. I prefer to use hot glue when building rosettes...grabs really fast :))))


Make sure your scalloped edge is touching the table, push inward (like a teepee) and gently push down in the center. Hot glue the scrap circle to the back of the rosette. Hold for a second before turning over...




I embellished the center of my rosette with one of these CuTe chalk board badges by DIY Shop (American Crafts). Attach with hot glue to the center of your rosette...


I hand cut a little heart out of a scrap piece of red paper and glued to the center of my ChalkBoard Badge. Attach the rosette to the bottle...I used ScorTape...


Now for the binder clip...all you need is scrap pieces of paper, ScorTape, and a little ink if you desire. You will need to measure the width of your binder clip and the distance around the clip. Cut piece to size, ink edges and attach to the binder clip with ScorTape...It's just that simple...AND SO CUTE!!! This would be a great project to get your kiddos involved with!!!




I used some fun goodies from Reverse Confetti... (Class Act Stamps & Dies) to create a fun little note to place in the binder clip...


Add some yummies to your Treat Jar...I wrapped my jar with a little Baker's Twine and tied it off in a cute bow...


In a matter of minutes, you will have some great gifts for your Teacher or Teachers in your life!!! I hope you will be inspired to create some of these fun projects!!!
... and thank you for reading my post!!!


I would also like to extend a special thanks to my daughter and all the other Teachers out there for the time and dedication 
that you give to children...You are helping to shape and 
mold them into the people they are meant to be!!! 

Is there a certain teacher that had an impact on your life?? For me, it was Junior High...Mrs. Hardisty. She encouraged me and helped me overcome my fear of public speaking...She really had an  outstanding impact on me, because I haven't stopped talking since...LoL!!!! Remember to post your comments for a chance to WIN!!!

Enjoy your day, Stay True Blue, and Keep Creating!
Miss Tracy :)

Winner from yesterday....Michelle Cole! Congrats Michelle! Please email the Blue Crew to claim your prize.
LBHBlueCrew@gmail.com

20 comments:

  1. My 9th grade science teacher had a huge impact on me.. he taught me to try new things.. my sewing teacher had a impact on me to.. as she flunked me.. only to hire me later to decorate her home and make her linens for it..lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny DeeDee....Guess getting flunked made you more determined to be better at sewing!

      Delete
  2. These projects are adorable! I love the rosette and chalkboard badge on the milk bottle. I had an awesome teacher in first grade that encouraged me and made me feel special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still remember my wonderful kindergarten teacher mrs. Chaney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember mine too...Mrs. Mathias at Wee Wisdom PreSchool. Back then, kindergarten wasn't in public school...it was all private.

      Delete
  4. I loved my 3rd grade teacher, Mrs Noland!! She was so supportive and caring!! Love all of the cute teacher gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather...These would be great for you and Abby to create together :))))))

      Delete
  5. so many amazing teachers throughout the years… Miss Tracy is my favorite teacher now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Powell at De Anza Jr High, 7th grade social studies, she was such an inspiration to me and my high school social studies teacher (his name escapes me right now) he encouraged us to be ourselves and confident in that. Thanks again for the cute crafts. I may just make one for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so important...to be true to who we are :))))) and not let the world conform you:)))))

      Delete
  7. Oh so hard to choose! I have been blessed with many teachers that have had an impact on my life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on winning yesterday Michelle!

      Delete
  8. Love all the cute projects, Miss Tracy! I have been blessed in my life to have had so many good teachers that I can't pick one. They all inspired me to become a teacher and I was one for 27 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think of all the lives you've touched in 27 years...Thank you for all those years of service!

      Delete
  9. What cute gifts. I had a teacher named Mrs. Bobo she was my 9th grade English teacher and she change m life. She is the reason I am a teacher today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool Liz...and now look at you...nominated for Teacher of the Year! Thanks for your dedication and service!

      Delete
  10. Love all the adorable ideas and techniques you are teaching us. Thank you so much. We're learning how to thank Teachers and you're teaching us...go figure!?! Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on winning Michelle! Just saw your name posted!

    ReplyDelete