Saturday, April 12, 2014

Hippitty Hoppitty Easters on its way...an easy Easter craft





Morning Blue House Fans!! 

Easter is just one week away…my how this year is flying by.  That said, I am glad spring has arrived because I do not do cold weather very well.  I pretty much become a lethargic bump on a log during the winter months.  Most nights you will find me curls up on the couch under a blanket.  Who am I kidding…? ALL nights, you will find me on the couch under a blanket.  I just don’t like being cold.  Ugh.

But I digress.  Easter will be here next week and I wanted to make a fun, festive favor to hand out to the kiddos at our family gathering.  I used some my WeR Memory Keepers gift bag punch board, some Kraft in Color papers from Doodlebug and came up with this adorable little bunny that I am positive will be a hit with the kiddos next week!



His cute-ness is overwhelming!


 

Isn’t he the cutest?  And bonus, he was super easy to make.  Let me show you:

First I gathered my supplies:

 

- WeR Memory Keepers gift bag punch board

- Kraft in Color papers from Doodlebug

-chalk ink

-2 ½ circle punch

-basics (trimmer, adhesive, scissors & such)

-a plastic Easter egg

-buttons, twine, etc. for facial features

I cut a 6x10 piece of paper and then punched it on the board per their instructions.  Very carefully.  I HIGHLY suggest a ‘test’ punch on scratch paper, just to be safe.  This is what it will look like when you are done.

Look at those lines.
 

Then I folded along all the edges, creasing the score lines really well—really show them whose boss!  Decide which side of your paper you want facing out and which side you want to be the front of your bunny.  (On my paper that was not really important as it is a uniform pattern, but if you are using a floral or busy pattern there may be a side you want to be more predominant.) Don’t glue it together just yet though.  Lay it out flat and trace around the plastic Easter egg.  I chose an egg that split in half vertically so I would have an easier time tracing.  If your egg splits vertically, no worries, just leave it whole, lay it on its side, hold the pencil against the egg and drag it slowly around the edge, maintaining contact with the egg. 

 

Then I cut out the egg shape and using scor tape, I assembled my bag.  Spiffy huh?

 

Now it’s put this bunny together.  I cut a 2 ½ inch circle with a punch, used a scalloped label punch to make paws & free hand cut some ears (it was scary, but Nat talked me through it).

 

I inked the bag and all the parts in pink chalk ink.  Fold the circle in half and attach with scor tape.  This makes his little face and also holds your bag closed.  Then I used glue dots to attach the rest, filled the egg with candy, popped the egg in his belly and VOILA! 

 

What’s your favorite Easter candy?  Tell me what you would fill this little guys belly with in a comment below and I will draw a name to win something wonderful (because all scrap supplies are wonderful, right?)

Our winners from yesterday are Judy Carter & Heather Moran.  Email us at lbhbluecrew@gmail.com.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Stay True Blue,

Cat



13 comments:

  1. Such an adorable project! I love that the bunny is holding the plastic Easter egg. Would never thought to have incorporated that into the project!


    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable project! If a mini kit kat would fit, that's what I would put in the eggs! My favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I would fill his belly with Dark Chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite Easter candy is .. malted milk eggs.. none of which I will have this year thou.. this is darling will surely be making a few for my grandies..thanks for sharing the tut..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cadbury eggs are my favorite Easter candy! And mini cadbury eggs! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute bunny!! My favorite Easter candy is Cadbury mini eggs! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very, very cute. Looks fairly easy to make also.
    wonder what it would look like with different paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some"bunny" made a really cute project! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great fun project. My favorite Easter candy is whopper robin eggs. I will fill this project with those. Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forgot to add my favorite Easter candy to the comment....it's JELLY BEANS!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Again...can't miss with Reece's peanut butter eggs!

    ReplyDelete