Good Morning Blue House Fans, Cat here. First, I just want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all the kind words and support you guys showed us yesterday. We are so happy that you guys share our excitement. Eeek.
Let me tell you a little about myself:
-I have been married to my wonderful husband Cary since September 2006. He is all kinds of wonderful and I don’t know what I would do without him.
![]() |
| Cat & Cary |
-I don’t have any kids, but I do have 2 fur babies: Precious is 18 and Birdie is 3. They are cats, their moods change daily and that’s about all I can say on that.
-I have two nieces who are pretty much the most amazing little girls in the history of ever. Miss Makenna is 6 and Maddie Sue is 2--- CANNOT get enough of those girls.
![]() |
| Maddie Sue & Makenna |
-I have the most handsome little nephew named Carter. We like to go on Chick-fil-a dates.
-I have a best friend that is crazy.
-I am crazier than her. True story.
As we were preparing for this blog entry, we each asked each other questions. Enjoy!
Nat: What is your scrap style?
Cat: Girlie. If it’s pink or sparkles, I want it on my pages.
Nat: What is your favorite subject to scrap?
Cat: That’s easy: my nieces, Cary & my vacations, my friends. In that order.
Nat: Why do you love The Little Blue House?
Cat: Because it’s amazing. And because I met you there. But mostly because it’s amazing.
Nat: What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?
Cat: Hmmmm. That is tough. I am an open book and an over-sharer so there is not a whole lot that folks don’t know. I will think on that one and get back to you on it.
Nat: What’s your best Cat & Nat memory?
Cat: Te he he… hard to narrow this down. Maybe it’s when we separated from our group in NYC and went walking down Wall St. and had foldable pizza and saw the bull and never told the others (until now obviously)….or maybe it’s the time dressed up as robbers and kidnapped Hank the Plank from LBH? Truthfully, anything we do together is all kinds of epic, so there is no wrong answer here.
And now a bit from Nat--
Hi Blue Fans;
Nat here. I would like to consider myself the “calmer” and “quieter” one of this duo. Those that know me would probably agree. When paired with Cat, we act like a bunch of fools. Seriously, we do. Everyone has that BFF and can relate. She’s my looooobster-friend.
I have been married for 11 years and have one son that starts Kindergarten in the fall. If I’m featuring any project of mine on this blog, there’s a 99.9% chance it will be a picture of Carter. My husband, Jerry, crunches numbers all day; or as some say, he’s an accountant. I am a banker by day and a crafter by night. When I’m not doing either of those, I enjoy nights out with friends, traveling near and far, expanding my pins on Pinterest in hopes of one day making/doing 1% of the stuff I’ve pinned, shuttling Carter to whatever sport strikes his fancy that season and spending time with family. Cat and I also Skype at night. We talk all day through phone and email, yet STILL find more things to share via Skype. See, she IS my loooooobster-friend.
![]() |
| Carter, Jerry & Nat |
As we were preparing for this blog entry, we each asked each other questions. Enjoy!
C: What is your fave subject to scrap?
N: Carter, of course. But to go a bit further, I really enjoy scrapping the random pictures of Carter. Those innocent, candid moments. Some of the photos aren’t the best, but those can sure tell a story. For instance, a day at the park that I only had my phone on me and all I could capture was him running about and not getting a single, clear and focused shot. It’s all about the time spent together and capturing ANY moment in that given time.
C: Describe your scrap style.
N: This is a hard one. Due to my subject I tend to lean towards the “boy” colors. I’m a sucker for orange and blues. I like a simple page and nothing too over embellished. I also try to journal on every layout.
C: What’s your fave LBH Class?
N: Too many to count. But I do love Miss Tracy’s Pickers classes, Scrapstashers and Pagebuilders.
C: Looking back over all of your pages, do you have a fave? Why?
N: YES!!! We took a vacation to Hilton Head in 2012. Our first night there, we walked down to the beach as the sun was setting. I stood back and let Carter run and play in the ocean. I took photo after photo after photo and not once was a face shot. One photo captured him as he was jumping up, looking into a gorgeous sunset. It’s my absolute favorite photo of him. This goes back to my first comment…..not all photos have to be staged and “perfect” to be the best. It’s all about the moment and the story!
C: You are on a scrapbook cruise. The boat is going down. You only have a few minutes to grab a few things before you are shipwrecked on a deserted island. What supplies do you grab? Why?
N: LOL. I hope we are on this cruise together because that would make some funny stories! I would grab my photos and/or passport as you can’t replace those, a journal pen, some misc papers, scissors and my stash of candy I generally have with me when I’m scrapping. I hope you don’t grab the same things as we can share and make the most of it
C: What’s your fave thing about me?
N: That you have an awesome BFF. But seriously, we both have a dry sense of humor. And I enjoy that you are just as silly as me. And that you make me laugh. A lot. And you’re always on standby to correct my math. True story, y’all………I work with numbers all day, too, and I’m HORRIBLE at simple math. Ugh!
So that's a little about us. Now we wanna know a little about you! Leave a comment and tell us what your scrap style is. We will draw 2 winners from the comments and announce them tomorrow.
And now for yesterdays winners!! Congrats to: Scrap Mom 23, Denise, Linda Hahn, Debra, Heather Moran & SaraSue!!! Email us at lbhbluecrew@gmail.com to collect your prize!!!



I am so glad you zany girls are doing this. I look forward to seeing each post. I didn't comment yesterday because I was at the LBH all day. Really, ALL day. I opened the store, worked my shift, played the night away with other Pickers, and then closed the store with Miss Tracy. I'm such a dedicated employee!!...and Fan Too. Craft on girls!!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to see the faces behind the names! I am fairly new to LBH but can't stay away. I am looking forward to each of your post. BFF's make for most FUN conversations, ideas and adventures. I hope to see and hear more about yall's!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sad Patti and I don't live in the area anymore. She and I would have been your backup, crazy, fun loving, laughing, BFF crafting cousins.
ReplyDeleteOh, my scrap style is a mixture...I love clean and simple (contemporary), usually use black paint or paper somewhere on a project and I LOVE bling:)
ReplyDeleteI have a girl so I lean toward the girly style. I love sparkles of course. She is starting to become a little scrapper too.
ReplyDeleteLOVE you girls!! So excited you started a blog!! This is going to be epic! My scrap style is slow and steady. That is really the only thing consistent about it. HA! I do love girly layouts and Stickles!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! My scrap style at this point is to get caught up. So I don't' spend a lot of time on pages but for those fave pics of mine I spend more time makeing sure they look just right. This is going to be a fun daily habit for me I can tell that already!
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to the 80's themed layout!
ReplyDeleteSounds like we are going to have fun with yall. I dont really have a scrap style. I love it all!
ReplyDeleteThis is going to be so much fun! I have never been to Little Blue House so I am going to have to make a point to get there because I am obviously missing out!
ReplyDeleteI miss you girls already! So glad you started this blog so I can get my Cat & Nat fix more often! My scrap style is....way behind! For my boys I try to stick with themes they are/were into for the year I am working on and for the girl....pink and sparkly!!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading about both of you and can see why you are best friends. Over the years, I have learned that BFF's can be closer to you than family. I think LBH is awesome; so much in such a small space yet not overdone. I try to go as often as I can. I love to scrap our vacations and our 10 grandchildren. (way behind but I keep on trying).
ReplyDeleteDepends on the mood what style of scrappin' I do. My scrapbooks are willy nilly of different styles!
ReplyDeleteMy scrapping style is, like most scappers, way behind!! but when I do scrap,it's always about my three kiddos!! I cant wait to see what else you guys have in store for us!!
ReplyDeleteEven though I know you, it was interesting to learn more about you crazy girls! Looking forward to each and every post. As for my scrapping style, I guess I would say it's whatever is needed at the LBH at that moment! My personal style is probably more vintage and artsy.
ReplyDeleteYep that's it, it's officially the end of the world! LOL just kidding, good to know such a creative lady!
ReplyDeleteLoved the Q&A gals.....I may have to post a few questions for you two? Like who's idea was it to kidnap "Hank the Plank" from the LBH??? hmmm...I have my suspicion but alas I don't think either one of you will give the other one up..LoL!!!! So I will never know?!?!?!
ReplyDeleteAs for my scrapping style...I'm kind of a chameleon, when you are a designer, you have to embrace all kinds of styles...and me being the "Jill of all Trades"....I actually love multiple styles (maybe that means I have multiple personalities...haha). Sometimes my style is dictated by my mood too :))))))
whose
DeleteI have no idea how to describe my scrapbook style. :)
ReplyDelete