Friday, April 25, 2014

Teacher Appreciation: A+ Card

Good morning Blue House fans!  We are continuing our series on projects for Teacher Appreciation Week.  It will be here before you know it: May 5th-9th! 


Today I am sharing a card with you. 



Remember last week when we had a Q&A post (see it here)?  One of the questions asked if I was a card maker that stamped or if I used pre-printed papers/stickers.  I told you guys that I typically use preprinted stuff, but I am trying my best to start using the large collection of stamps that I have.  Well ladies, I am making good on that statement and pulling out the stamps today.  So, here we go.

First things first, I pulled my supplies.
-papers from Kraft in Color by Doodlebug (grey honeycomb) & Pop Quiz by Bo Bunny (border strips, ruler)
-cardstock, black & white
-Pop Quiz by Bo Bunny green alphabet washi tape
-Reverse Confetti Class Act stamps & dies (look at me using stamps)
-inks (red, green, light blue, black)
-chalk ink, light blue
-Queen & Co Glitter Studs (remember these guys from this post?)
-red bling
-basics (ruler, cutter, scissors, adhesive)



I cut a standard A2 size card base out of black cardstock (8.5in x 5.5in) and folded it in half.  I cut a 4in x 5.25in piece of gray honeycomb paper from the Kraft in Color paper. Don't affix it to the card base just yet.

Next I ran white cardstock through my Big Shot with the dies from the Reverse Confetti Class Act de set and then used the coordinating stamps to stamp the apple in red, the apple leaf in green, the notebook paper in light blue and the "you make the grade" & "A+" sentiments in black.



To assemble the card, I added the border strip of the ruler from Bo Bunny Pop Quiz across the honeycomb paper at an angle and added the alphabet washi tape directly below.  I trimmed the ruler paper at the edge of the honeycomb paper and wrapped a small bit of the washi around the edge of the paper.  Then I attached the whole thing to the black card base. 

To make the notebook paper cut 'pop' off the card, I used a light blue chalk ink to ink the edges.  I tucked it behind the ruler paper/washi tape and attached the apple with some pop dots.

To finish off the card, I added a small red bling to the upper right side of the apple and some Glitter Studs to the notebook paper tag.


I just love how this card turned out.  It is perfect to put a sweet note to your favorite teacher, or tuck in a gift card for them to treat themselves to something special.  You can even pair it with the pillow box treat holder that Nat shared earlier this week.  You can see the pillow box tutorial here.




Thanks for stopping by today.  Make sure you stop in tomorrow too, we will end the week with another teacher gift that will help them keep supplies organized in the classroom.  Swoon.


Leave us a comment and let us know what you think and we will draw a winner.  Our winner from yesterday is Michelle Rickard.  Email us at lbhbluecrew@gmail.com


Stay True Blue,
Cat



10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what is in store for us next week! National Scrapbook Day week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really cute card and one I'm sure any teacher would appreciate! I noticed you used some of those glitter studs that you talked about in a past post.
    It will be exciting to see what you have planned for National Scrapbook Week (The week of our people.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your projects from today! That card is super-cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card!! Keep up the awesome creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is great that you used the stickers to embellish the card. I never think to use them. Thanks for the idea. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes me wish I had a kid who had a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these, great job lady! Very cute! I love the bras eyelet thingies that are self adhesive so you don't have to actually poke a hole in anything. I will have to get some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you know I am gonna need that Reverse Confetti school themed stamp set!!! Oh yeah!!! SCHOOL and Revers Confetti, it's on like Donkey Kong!!!!

    ReplyDelete