Today I am sharing with you a recipe for Oreo Truffles and showing you a fun way to serve them up for a party. I made these truffles for the Make & Take at The Little Blue House on NSD and they were a hit. Lots of you ladies asked for the recipe, so here it is:
Gather your ingredients:
Oreo Truffle Pops
1 package Oreo cookies, crushed into fine crumbs
1 8oz block cream cheese
1 lb package of almond bark
lollipop sticks (optional)
sprinkles (optional)
Mix cookie crumbs with cream cheese until well combined.
Divide mixture into 36 equal parts and roll into balls. Each ball will be appox 1 TBS.
I like easy...so I use a 1 TBS cookie scoop. Easy peasy.
Insert a lollipop stick into each ball. I mean, everything is better on a stick, right?? After you insert the sticks, place the balls in the freezer for about 30 mins until they are firm.
Next, melt the almond bark. While the bark is melting, spread a thin layer of sprinkles on the wax paper. Once bark is melted, dip each of the Oreo balls into the bark to coat and place on the wax paper. I also put a few more sprinkles on top of each Oreo Truffle Pop. Since they have been frozen, the bark will start to set up fast, so I dip four, add sprinkles...lather, rinse, repeat.
Quick tip: There is always a little almond bark left when I make these, and I hate to waste it, so I spread it out in a thin layer on the wax paper, crumble a few mini Oreos on top and finish it off with a few sprinkles. Then once it sets, break it into pieces and voila, you have some Oreo Bark. Mmmmm.
Ok, as is, these are yummy and look cute as can be. But let's make them even cuter, shall we? Since these are for a July 4th celebration, I gathered up some scraps of patriotic papers. I cut some into strips 5 inches long and 1 inch wide and made little flags. I also cut some 2x2.5 inch squares, cut with my fringe scissors and made 'sparkler' tops for the sticks.
The only thing to do now is ENJOY!!!
| Miss Trina |
| Miss Maddie Sue |
I hope you all have a chance to whip up a batch of these yummy treats.
Stay True Blue,
Cat
So happy to have this recipe! Can't wait to make some for my Grandson's Birthday! Thank you! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy!
ReplyDelete