Good morning and happy FRIDAY Blue House fans!!
Please hold while I do my happy dance.............Woot!
It's time for another "Finish in a Flash Friday" challenge!! If you missed our past challenges, you can check them out here and here.
Our rules for todays challenge were simple:
1. Create a Christmas theme layout in 20 mins.
2. There is no number 2, I told you it was simple.
Nat & I each pulled a variety of papers from our various Christmas lines, with a few surprising non-Christmas additions. Example: Nat used some chipboard banner pieces from Fancy Pants Designs. We have told you before that Nat and I are so similar it is scary. Todays layouts are further proof. We pulled our papers separate and did not tell each other what we were pulling, yet we both ended up using a similar color scheme and both layouts have hanging Christmas ornaments. Funny, huh?
Nat's Layout:
Cat's Layout:
We were lucky enough to have Miss Tracy join us this week too. Take it away Miss Tracy:
Hello LBH fans, Miss Tracy here....I was super excited when I found out the challenge was "Christmas" inspired. I decided my photo would actually be my Grandies Christmas Card from last year. I love the photo cards that my daughter does every year so I wanted to feature it on my layout. You should consider scrapping your family & friends photo cards too! Here is a look at my goodie pile before the 20 minute Flash Clock started ticking...
The night that we "Flashed", I had taught a workshop at the LBH so I was kind of in a hurry to get my stuff together and get home in time to craft by 10pm. I had my photo card with me, so I quickly chose some papers at the LBH (none of which are Christmas themed...LoL!) but I loved the look and feel of them with my photo. Here are the items I pulled from the LBH:
Green and Black Cardstock, Three Printed Papers
(American Crafts, DoodleBug, Simple Stories, Bella Blvd)
Couple of Ribbons (May Arts)
Black Journaling Pen (Pitt/Faber Castel)
NEW thin metallic washi tape (Little B)
NEW scallop nested dies (Little B)
Envelope Punchboard (We R Memory)
Post Card (American Tag Co.)
Couple of buttons
(American Crafts, DoodleBug, Simple Stories, Bella Blvd)
Couple of Ribbons (May Arts)
Black Journaling Pen (Pitt/Faber Castel)
NEW thin metallic washi tape (Little B)
NEW scallop nested dies (Little B)
Envelope Punchboard (We R Memory)
Post Card (American Tag Co.)
Couple of buttons
AND 20 minutes later....Here is my finished Layout!
I love how it turned out! I used the Nested die to create the decorative scallops, the envelope punchboard was used to create the red bow, cut down my post card and used it to journal on, accented the papers with the metallic washi and ribbons, and added layered buttons to the center of my bow. It was so fun!!! I love these flash challenges and can't wait for the next one!!!
Great layout Miss Tracy!!
Speaking of Christmas, did you know it's only 154 days away? Does this stress anyone else out?? Want to get a jump start on the holiday season crafting? Miss Tracy and the LBH ladies are hosting their Little Somethings Workshop in August this year. Find out all the details here.
We hope you enjoyed the layouts today. For your layouts, are you a traditional red & green fan, or do you like to switch it up like me, Nat and Miss Tracy? Leave us a comment and tell us your fave color scheme to use on Christmas layouts.
Stay True Blue,
Cat
Although I love the color variations that come out each year in the Christmas lines I tend to scrap the traditional colors with black and kraft added in. Great flash LO's girls. Merry Summer!!
ReplyDeleteI've been waiting all week for the Friday Flash challenge! It's one of my most favorite segments and you 3 gals didn't disappoint. I love the way y'all used other colors in your Christmas LO's.
ReplyDeleteI'm a typical red, green, and white Christmas person, maybe using lime green as a bit of a change...I'm in my box...but Christmas is the one time of the year that I really like to stay with the same old color scheme.