Nat here with a couple of layouts using what Cat and I call "pocket pages". Project Life seems to be all the rage right now and several manufacturers have come out with their own version of these pages. Simply put, these are page protectors that are sectioned off to help in the creating process and layout of a page. There are several paper collections that have journal cards, photo mats, etc that will fit great inside of these "pockets". Cat and I are more single "open" page scrappers, so we seldom use these. We wanted to try our hands at making a layout using one, so to our stash we went. Don't be fooled......just because Cat and I don't "use" these does not mean we don't OWN 'em. You should know this about us by now.
These type of pages are what Miss Tracy used for her Scrapbook In A Day (SBIAD) workshops at The Little Blue House. You can find out more information on those here.
For my layout, I went with a We R Memory Keeper photo sleeve that had the configurations of 3 6x4, 2 4x6 and 3 2x4. I based my selection off of the orientation of the photos I wanted to scrap: our NYC trip when we saw the Rockettes. I used the Echo Park "Captured Life" paper collection. To start, I placed my 3 photos inside the center sleeves. The "today" journal card was already sized to 4x6, so I just cut it apart from the "love this" paper and added my journaling and stickers from the collection. I cut a 4x6 mat from the "bokeh teal" paper and placed inside the sleeve. I placed letter stickers on the outside of the sleeve for a little dimension. I love the look of this as it makes it pop just a little more off the music paper. I completed the layout by cutting 3 2x4 mats from the "city scape", "love this", "journaling cards" papers and some stickers from the collection. This was a fast layout to make and went together so easily. The hardest part? choosing the papers.
For Cat's layout, she used the 9-4x4 squares configuration to scrap pics from Fourth of July 2013. There was a water slide at her family gathering and she wanted to include a lot of pictures of all the fun. She cut her photos to 3x3 inches and mounted them on different patterned papers from the Bella Blvd All American collection. She used embellishments from the Simple Stories DIY Boutique to accent the photos. She also used some Simple Stories Snap Studio photo flips to include even more pics and journaling.
| Add caption |
| One of the Snap Studio 'flips' opened to show more pics and captions. |
| Another 'flip' with pictures and journaling |
Those were fun and so easy to put together. They are a great addition to your albums, especially if you have a lot of photos of a particular subject. You can traditionally scrap your fave photos and then use the pocket pages and flips to capture the rest.
As mentioned on Sunday, we will be sharing GASC photos with you this week. Here are a few of Cat and I doing a Make & Take at one of the vendor booths.
Stay True Blue,
Nat
Love these LO's! They've inspired me to make a page of photos at the Water Park! I have a hard time getting good photos of A&I there because they're moving so fast! Many of my pictures are small, but using pocket pages would be a great way to scrapbook them. Thanks for the idea!
ReplyDeleteLove that flip flaps (as CTMH calls them) are finally getting more popular. They were one of my biggest sellers but still so many people did not know about them. Now that they are 'trendy', I am seeing different ways to use them that I never thought of.
ReplyDelete