Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Fishbowl Challenge: Scrappin' Multiple Pictures

Hey Blue fans. Nat here with another Fishbowl Challenge. Today's challenge is from Heather Moran: How about a challenge to use more than 4 pics in a layout? Heather, please email us at lbhbluecrew@gmail.com .




Challenge accepted Heather!!

For my layout, I powered up my Silhouette and used design # 3557.  I've seen a few layouts using a grid size template around. Using patterned paper in the negative spaces for design cuts is also popular right now, so I wanted to incorporate both. I used the Webster's Pages "Family Traditions" collection. This layout came together so quickly. I wanted the focus to be on the pictures, so  I did very little embellishing. I love how it turned out. Thanks for the great challenge, Heather, as I also struggle with fitting a lot of photos in a layout. I hope this left you inspired!






For Cat's layout, she did a double page layout and was able to fit in 7 pics.  She used Fancy Pants Designs Beach Bum collection and embellished with the cut apart cards, rub-ons and stickers from the collection.







Thanks so much for stopping by. As promised, let's give away some prizes. Our fishbowl is getting sad and doesn't have a lot of challenges in it. We need MORE. Comment below with a challenge idea and we'll pick a winner. Maybe 2. woot! And if your challenge is picked in the coming weeks/months, you will win a prize that week.

Stay True Blue
Nat

9 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see my challenge on your blog!! Your layouts turned out so great!! Yes girls you have inspired me, as always!!! Almost wish I was home from vacation to scrapbook!! Lol but I'm having a Greta time and can't wait to scrap all the great pics I'm taking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the layouts gals!
    Challenge Idea #1: Pick a product to work with that you've never used.
    Challenge Idea #2: Please give me some ideas for all the chalkboard washi tape I bought. I have several different rolls with decorative edges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a product we've never used??? oh no! i'm scared!!! great challenge. and love the chalk washi tape. like you, I own it and haven't used it. #crafterproblems

      Delete
  3. Great not Greta! I forgot to propose a new challenge!! I would like to see a layout with professional pics or school pics!! Thanks girls for all of your hard work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. school pics!!!! you know I'm excited about this one since Carter starts kinder in the fall!!! will get your challenges added to our fishbowl Heather. Hope you're having fun in Yosemite. Can't wait to see all the pics. I will have to cut you the design I used for my layout above. It would be perfect for all those pics you're taking!!!! Safe travels back!

      Delete
  4. Love the way your LO's turned out! Great use for all those pictures!
    I like to do 2page matching picture LO's. My challenge would be how do you do 2page LO's with unrelated pictures.( Like 1 page with trip photos and 1 page with a ballet recital side by side.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another challenge: I want to do a page that vomited flowers, but am afraid to start-like a ballet picture or special baby picture-want to use up a lot of flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Make a some layouts with realistic or unique 'water' on them. Like beach and pool layouts. I always see some cool 'water' techniques but can never remember them when I want to do it on a layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is your #1 scrapbooking "must-have" tool and in what ways do you use it?

    ReplyDelete