Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Hump Day, Sketch Day

Morning BLUE fans....Nat here.  Do you ever get in a creative funk? You've got these great papers, these new pretty shiny embellishments, the perfect pictures and have NO clue where to start? Try a sketch to get those creative juices recharged. Sketches are a great starting point for a layout.

Not familiar with sketches? Here are a few sites that offer free sketches.

Pagemaps
Sketch Savvy
52 sketches....52 weeks
Misc

Cat found a sketch for us to use on the Queen and Co Facebook page.  Go like/follow them on FB....Cat and I are part of their guest design team and our work is featured on their FB page every now and again. In fact, we are in the middle of creating a large submission for them. So exciting. Here is the sketch...

For my layout, I used the Authentique "Carefree" collection, Bazzill "Half the Edge" cardstock strips and silver glitter Thickers. Love how this page came together. I love even more that this sketch helped jump start my creative process.






For Cat's layout, she reached way back in her stash and pulled Bella Blvd Flirty.  She used the coordinating stickers and a package of Baby Blooms flowers, also by Bella.  She created the scallops border along the edge using half of a scallop circle punch and then running the punched pieces through her Xyron X.





And bonus points to Cat for using the Baby Blooms packaging as part of her embellies!!
She trimmed the scallop from the top and bottom and used them...

...here along the pic &...


...her under the scalloped circle title sticker.


Thanks for stopping by today. Do you use sketches? What are some of your favorite sketch sites? We'd love for you to share with us and our readers!

Stay True Blue,
Nat

3 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for sketches on Pintrest. I use PageMaps frequently. They send a monthly newsletter with sketches for layouts and cards. My favorite layout ideas come from Tracy's Page Builder blueprints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, use PageMaps monthly sketch if I use a sketch at all. It always "blows my mind" how the examples show deviations to the sketch because I'm such a "copy fanatic" that I have to make the sketch exactly as they did with the same exact LO and embellishments. I need to get over it!
    Nat, I like the color choices you used in your sample. I always go bright just like Cat did in hers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that bright floral paper on your layout!

    ReplyDelete