Good Morning BLUE fans; Nat here today with a fun little Silhouette project. I hope you are having a great start to the weekend. Cat has a family reunion, a little crafty get together tomorrow and then is picking up her niece for a week 'o fun. I know she will have a ton of pics and stories to share from that. I, on the other hand, am resting from last weekend and just taking it easy.
Carter loves looking through the photos on my scrap desk that I have filed away to scrap. He found this picture of him and his cousins playing at Thanksgiving last year and wanted to keep it and put it in his room. I can't help but laugh at what the eye of a child sees compared to what a scrapbooker sees. This pic is dark. It's not at all centered. I can go on about the "quality" of the photo and reasons why I would have chosen a more "edited" version to frame. But to Carter, all he sees is his cousins and the fun they were having playing in the leaves. It's moments like this that I need to take a step back and try to get myself out of that "perfection" bubble when it comes to photos and scrapbooking. True, we would love all of our photos to be proportionate, to coordinate perfectly with all the papers as if the manufacturer actually met with you personally and designed an entire paper collection around that lazy summer day you had at the pool with your children wearing their hard to match pink swimsuit and blue swim trunks. Let's face it; that's not reality. Scrap the memories. Frame the memories. That's REAL life. After all, life isn't edited to be perfect....so why should every photo? How's that for deep thoughts on this carefree weekend? lol.
Having said all of that, I turned to my Silhouette and looked for a standing frame cut. I wanted something simple that I could embellish with the Bella Blvd "Max" paper pieces (ephemera) pack. I love a good ephemera pack. The bits and pieces make for a quick way to embellish small projects all the way up to larger projects to fill some white space. The pieces work great for layering and giving dimension to projects. In fact, these packs would work GREAT for Cat & Miss Tracy's embellishment heavy layouts that were featured earlier this week. You can link back here.
I cut my frame (design # 47302), pieced everything together and added the finishing touches with some of the ephemera pieces. One thing I would suggest is cutting the base in chipboard or some very thick cardstock. I also followed the simple tutorial by the designer of the cut file here.
And here is my frame.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you have a GREAT weekend. Check back tomorrow for our Sneak Peak Sunday. We have a fun week in store for our readers.
And thanks to all that commented on the Blue Bag Challenge. We had so much fun with that and can't wait to do it again. And as promised, we have a WINNER from the commenters to receive the same Blue Bag Challenge products we used. Drum roll, please.............
Susan Norris: I love this challenge! Super cute projects! Might be fun at a retreat. You can pick up your Blue Bag at LBH. Congrats! Can't wait to see what you create with everything!
Stay True Blue,
Nat
Love your frame! That Silhouette of yours can do some powerful things!
ReplyDeleteIt is funny the things that kids like!
Thanks Miss Linda. That silhouette is pretty awesome. Love it so.
DeleteThanks guys..can't wait to pick up my prize at LB Friday night:) I love this frame! You all are doing a good job of convincing me I need a Silhouette!!!
ReplyDeleteExplain whyyyyyyy you DONT have one again sue?!?!? It's the best thing ever! You won't regret it!
Delete