Thursday, May 15, 2014

Throwback Thursday

Good Morning Blue fans; Nat here with a fun throwback for you using vellum.

Vellum seemed to be popular some years ago and is starting to make it's way back into scrapbooking and paper crafting. So, let's get started.

I gathered my supplies.  I used papers from Echo Park's "Little Girl" and "Summer Days" (older collections), my envelope punch board, some vellum, some wood sheets from EK Success, chunky purple glitter, Reverse Confetti "Let's Chill" die and stamp set (you can purchase as LBH) and the EK Success Swiss Cheese border punch.

I created a "gift card" size envelope with my vellum paper by following the instructions on the envelope punch board. I also punched "confetti" with the Swiss Cheese border bunch from various papers, stamped "let's chill" on the outside of my vellum envelope with Ranger archival Black ink and filled my envelope with the confetti and chunky purple glitter and sealed it shut.



I then used the die set to cut the popsicle stick and popsicle. I love the look of this wood paper for the stick of the popsicle. Those small details can really add to the card.  I ran my popsicle through my X (face side down) and then covered with purple chunky glitter. I then glued the popsicle next to my sentiment on the vellum envelope.


I made a standard a2 size card and cut the purple paper to 4 x 5.25. I cut about a 3/4" x 5.25 strip from the heart paper and did some fussy cutting of the scalloped border strip paper. I also inked everything in "purple passion".  I built the card and adhered everything. Finished the card off with some random placed pink and purple bling.





 
I had so much fun making this card. I hope you enjoyed it. Check back tomorrow for a fun mini album Cat and I made with some pics of our NYC travels from December.

Stay True Blue,
Nat

12 comments:

  1. I love your card, Nat! I remember being at my first GASC after I moved here in 2001 and vellum was the big thing at the convention that year. I saw people using it and watched a few people struggle with it. I was scared of vellum! I like the way it looks on projects, but have just not used it. You have encouraged me-I want a vellum envelope! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is an awesome card! I'm in love with anything shimmery or glittery! I need to get this new RC stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really like the envelope with the bling in it. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a popsicle themed crop coming up, so this has inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The RC stuff would be perfect for your crop Amy!

      Delete
  5. Such a fun card! What do you use as an adhesive on vellum that doesn't show through?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Corrine. I use scor tape. It's a double stick tape and its tear able ....not to be confused with terrible. Lol. I love score tape.

      Delete