Friday, May 9, 2014

Happy Friday! More great projects featuring Hazel & Ruby!

Happy Friday Fans!!!
We have had so much featuring our special guests this week Lindsay Moore and Jayme Sheppard from Hazel & Ruby! 

If you haven't had a chance to see their fun interview and our H&R inspiration and tutorials...be sure to scroll through the posts this week here on the blog and you can catch up on all the Crafty Info!

Miss Tracy here today and I wanted to share with you one of my MOST Favorite Projects...designed with goodies from Hazel & Ruby! It's a canvas that I designed for my Daughter, Rachel. It features a newborn photo of my grandgirl, Makynzie. 

When I first saw the H&R goodies at CHA...I knew I HAD to ORDER them...and especially this set...

My sweet Mom would always sing this to my daughter and sadly, she isn't with us anymore, but somehow putting this on the canvas recreates the memory and I know if she was here, she'd be singing it to Miss Mak! I know my daughter will treasure this gift!

Here are a few delightful details about my canvas...
I combined some of the H&R Wraps & Tissues and fussy cut a few flower clusters to create my own background on the canvas. I used mod podge to attach them, let that dry, then added a light top coat of mod podge. I let that dry for about half an hour or so. Next, I positioned my stencil masks on the canvas and applied just a simple white wash with paint. I added just a bit of water to my paint so it was more of a wash and I could see the prints through it...I love the softness a white wash can create! I removed my masks and cleaned them up, then dried my canvas completely with my heat gun. Grabbed my markers and added some fun details...to my words and other icons.
I created a pretty photo tag and embellished with ribbon, twine, and a button. Attached it to my canvas as shown. I placed a strip of Scor-Tape across the bottom of my tag and cut a strip of H&R tissue..scrunched and pleated the tissue across the tape. This is a great faux/fabric ruffled ribbon technique and it worked great with the tissue paper. 

I added a sweet piece of trim across the canvas...Love the delicate texture this adds! I also couldn't resist adding clusters of the pretty H&R sequins here and there....all over my canvas! The coral and pink colors were perfect for it!


I hope you will be inspired to stop by the Little Blue House and see my other H&R projects and see our wide variety of fabulous Hazel & Ruby products. Just waiting for YOU to CREATE with them!

If you would like help creating a Canvas of your Own...then you should come to my upcoming Hazel & Ruby Workshop.

Here are the details:

Creative Canvas Workshop
(featuring Hazel & Ruby)
Wednesday, May 21st
10am-1pm or 6pm-9pm
Cost: $40 (this includes a stencil mask set)

Instructor: Me (Miss Tracy)
Reservations Required
(817) 431-7930

You can choose to create 1 of the following 3 canvases to make in this inspiring  H&R workshop:

Love Makes a Family



Have Faith
(VerDay Paints from Ten Seconds Studio)


Bushel & A Peck

I hope you will make plans to join me and I look forward to crafting with you in the HouSe soon!!! 

We have one more Hazel & Ruby Prize Bundle (valued at $50) to give away today. All you have to do is LIKE-SHARE-WIN!

Visit the LBH BlueCrew FaceBook Page and "Like us", "Share today's post" and be eligible to "WIN"!!!!!

The WINNER from yesterday is....
LAURA ANN JOHNSON
Congrats Laura! You can come pick up your H&R Prize Bundle this Saturday, May 10th at the Little Blue House!

Stay true to your Passion--
Keep Creating!
Miss Tracy :)

P.S.  What is the first project you want to create with goodies from Hazel & Ruby??? My next project will be some Decor for my daughter Kristyn's upcoming wedding. I'd love to hear about yours.

14 comments:

  1. I wish I lived in Texas soooo bad! I adore all 3 canvas art pieces and I want to make them all! I think canvases make wonderful gifts and I plan to do a special one for each member of my family this year for Christmas. I want to use Hazel & Ruby products on all of them because it's the perfect combination of whimsy and elegance. Your mixed media canvas with your sweet baby girl and your cherished Mom's quote is so very beautiful and special and inspiring! Thank you for sharing and I hope you classes go great this weekend and everyone has lots of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Laura, what a great prize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv everything about this..so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great treasure for Rachel and Miss Mac with that beautiful baby canvas! Would love to take the class, but maybe another time! So much lovely inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous projects Tracy!! Lovin' that Bushel & A Peck project :) Great story to share too - how sweet. Just got my H&R box an hour ago. Can't wait to try all of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun with your H&R goodies...Can't wait to see what you create with them Margie!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful keepsake! I would love to do something similar to this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete