So, who gets giddy during CHA time? Cat and I do. The texts fly back and forth with us. "Did you see the 'such and such'?" "Check out the 'so and so'." Then we text Miss Tracy to have her scope things out at CHA in hopes it will make her heart pitter patter enough to order it for the shop. Eek. So, that's what we've done this week.................Tracy and a few of the gals are heading out today to sunny CA to attend CHA 2015. I'm not going to lie; Cat and I are jealous.....not only for the warmer temps, but that they get a full weekend of feasting their eyes on never before seen product.
I've done a "Five on Friday" post in the past here and I thought I would do another one for you today. Here are some things on my radar right now that I want to share with you. Enjoy!!!
- We R Memory Keeper Fuse Tool: I can't even tell you how excited I am about this tool. One of the reasons I don't do as much "pocket" scrapbooking as I would like is because I'm always afraid the papers will fall out of the pockets. With this tool, my fear has been eliminated. Even better news: The Little Blue House WILL have these in the shop.
- Trofast Lego Table, an IKEA hack: This will go right along with my #GIT2015 challenge. Carter is of the age right now that Legos are starting to accumulate. He also doesn't have a nice surface to build on. Strolling on Pinterest I found this little gem. I can't wait to recreate it.
- Mississippi Roast: If this is new to you, make a grocery list and go to the store now!!! Confession: I'm not a fan of roast. This recipe has been all over Pinterest and some months ago I decided to give it a try. I now LOVE roast.....this is the only way I prepare it. So easy and so delicious. Try it, you can thank me later!
- Front Porch Kit: the time is nearing for the release of a NEW FPK. Cat and I received our box from Miss Tracy this week and are in the process of putting some fun things together. We can't give away anymore information than that. I know, I know...................we tried. We really did. We're not a fan of secrets when it comes to scrappy stuff!!! Keep checking back as we will post sneaks and details as soon as we get the "go 'head" from the boss!!
- How 'bout those gas prices? Cat begged me to share this story with you. Probably because it's at MY expense. I am notorious for running my gas tank down to fumes. Everyone fusses at me, I'm used to it. I needed gas (a full tank, of course) the other day, so I drove around the corner to the local Kroger to get some gas. I guess everyone was cashing in their fuel points because the lines were 5 cars back. As I was next in line, there was a teenager at the pump I was waiting on just standing there.....she wasn't pumping gas............just standing there. As time went on, I was getting more annoyed. Then I see this attendant come out and wash off the tire/wheel of her vehicle and then wipe up what appeared to be a sizable gas spill. Um, ok................so, the girl drives off and the attendant gives me the thumbs up to pull forward. So, I did.........I get out of my car and start pumping gas. The pump was covered in gasoline...............so, in my mind, I'm thinking "what in the world did that girl do? Does she not know when to stop?" Moving on, I get back in my car and wait for the gas to stop pumping. It stops at $20. What!!!! $20?!?! What's going on here??? Annoyed, I get back out of my car and start pumping more gas. The pump keeps clicking off. I think to myself "is this pump broken?" "is this pump out of gas?" Then the next thing I know is that gas comes spewing out of my tank and goes EVERYWHERE. All over my hands, all over my shoes, all over the clean spot the nice attendant JUST cleaned up from that teenager. And just like that, I got a payback for the little judgments I made about that young girl.........apparently, I also don't know when to stop. But in my defense, I haven't filled up for $20 in YEARS. I'm used to these $50+ trips to the gas station.
Before I leave you for the weekend, I need to announce a winner from this week.
Congrats LAURA J: Definitely need to work on my craft room! I also have several pieces of furniture I want to paint & several craft projects to do. Seems the list is endless! But #GiT2015!
Please email us at lbhbluecrew@gmail.com so we can get the Reverse Confetti die to you.
We hope you have a great weekend!!!
Stay True Blue,
Cat & Nat
I'll be posting some fun pics of what we see here at CHA on the LBH blog. Cat and Nat - feel free to share them here too!
ReplyDeleteThanks Miss T!
DeleteWell, I have a similar and funny to tell you. I drive a Suburban. Yep, a gas guzzling SUV, and I remember the days when I would fill her up spending $80 a tank! Well, I was practically on fumes the other day and drove to the Kroger gas station to get gas (to use my points) and to my amazement it stopped at $27.xx I thought "Surely that is Wrong!" So I filled it a bit more and it stopped again real quick at $28.00, so I turned the ignition on and to my amazement, that baby was FULL to the rim! I did have a .70cent credit in gas points so I paid $1.01 a gallon that day and filled my big ole' SUV with $28!!!! I'm sure there were a lot of people thinking I was a C-R-A-Z-Y woman when they saw me doing the happy dance!
ReplyDeleteit's wonderful. more $$ in our pockets to spend at LBH, right? :-)
Delete