Wednesday, January 14, 2015

What’s up Wednesday!

Hey Blue House Fans!  Cat here to tell you Whats Up with me this week.  We are halfway through another week in 2015 and things aren’t showing any sign of slowing down. 

This being the beginning of a new year and all, I am sure many of you followers made a resolution or two.  I made some resolutions myself and I am sad to say that I am already breaking a few of them.  Insert frowny face here.  Let’s discuss, shall we?  And stay tuned at the end for a chance to win something wonderful!!

I resolved to drink less soda.  Ok, this one should not be hard.  I am not a soda drinker.  When I am at a scrapbooking crop or retreat, I like to partake in a yummy Sonic root beer with vanilla. 

See how excited I was to find a Sonic in California!?!
In my day to day life I am just fine with unsweetened tea or water.  However…I got a nasty little head cold mixed with an allergy attack in December.  And when I am stuffy and have a scratchy throat, nothing tastes better than fizzy drink.  And then I just kept drinking them, telling myself it was just a treat through the holidays.  I was up to drinking 2-3 sodas a day!  For someone who was not drinking them at all, that’s a lot.  January 1st came and went and the soda consumption continued.  Here I sit, sipping a Pepsi and typing this blog.  Ugh.  I will keep you guys posted. 
 

Speaking of blogging…

I resolve to be better at blogging.  I want 2015 to be a year of more consistent and better blogging from me.  I have a tendency to procrastinate, miss posts and post late.  Even when Nat whips out one of her famous spreadsheets and tries to keep me on task, I seem to find a way to fail.  Prime example…this week there was no Monday post and this post is going up late.  Ho hum.  So, Nat & I have cussed and discussed ways to improve our blog for ourselves and our followers, ways to get me on track and we also have some exciting things coming up that we are SO excited to share with you guys.  Stay tuned for updates on this as well. 
 

Now, to prove I am not a total failure at this resolution thingy, let me tell you what I have succeeded at for the past couple of weeks. 

Be a healthier me.  I always seem to set myself up for failure when I say “go to the gym everyday” or “don’t eat this or that”.  So this year, I am just striving to make healthier choices in eating, activities, sleep schedule…everything really.  So far, so good.  We have been eating out less frequently, I’ve made it to the gym a few times and I am working on fitting more hours of sleep into my routine.  Slowly but surely I plan on seeing this resolution out to the end.  Woot! 
 

#GIT2015.  If you saw Nat’s post last week, then you know that we are both focused on decluttering our lives and plan to GET IT TOGETHER in 2015. (#GIT2015)  I am proud (shocked and awed really) that I am keeping to this.  So far I have made progress in my scrapbook room and the rest of my house.  I have a spreadsheet (you know who made it for me, right?) that has little goals for all the rooms and areas in my house that I want to get organized, de-cluttered or redecorated.  The goals are realistic and I am optimistic that I will indeed GET IT TOGETHER!!  One of my big goals in getting all of this organizational mess completed is to actually use and display all of the wonderful things that I have been making at The Little Blue House buffets.  Seriously folks…I have made so many things at buffets, Pickers, Stashers….the list goes on and NONE of them are being used.  Not one.  Le sigh.  I MUST fix that.  And soon.   

So, there you have it folks.  My resolutions, my failures, my successes.  Nat and I will keep you posted on how we are doing with these periodically throughout the year. ) Follow us on Instagram and use #GIT2015 to see our progress and show us yours too!   

With it being Wednesday and all, how about we give away a prize to get you into your own #GIT2015 groove?  Remember last year when we showed you some of our favorite organizing items in these posts here & here?  Leave me a comment and tell me some of your resolutions for 2015 and how you plan to #GIT2015.  I will choose one commenter to receive ink organizing trays & a multi-purpose bin from The Container Store pictured below.  Woot Woot!  
 
(**inks and papers not included**)

Stay True Blue,
Cat

11 comments:

  1. I resolve to get organized. We just moved so everything is in tubs. Fresh start and no more chaos. (Hopefully...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been in my current scrapbook room for a few years now and it is time to purge and organize. I have so much stuff I don't even remember I have until I start looking for some particular thing I cannot find. LOL. Those organizational tools would be a great start. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in a Group called The Messy Desk.. since my move my nicely organized house is gone and I need to restart.. so been working on area at a time to get it done.. I am a organizer at heart getting up and doing it is my problem now a days... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I decided this year to stop putting off projects that have been on my to-do list for way too long. I've already crossed one project off! I made a paper straw wreath as a decoration for my son's birthday. It turned out awesome! Next is my first shaker card! #GIT2015

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never done Resolutions. I'm one of those people that if I decide to do it, I must do it and the beginning of the year after the Holidays is always a chaotic time and not a time that seems right for resolutions for me. What I am working on right now though (since I just moved) is putting my entire scrap room back together so it looks as nice or nicer than it did before the move! In the process, I plan on pulling out any projects that are partially completed and completing them! I might have to recruit some help from Miss Tracy and the other ladies at the LBH for a few Creative Buffet projects, but I am going to finish them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you, I say I need to drink less pop and eat at home more but somehow this doesn't get very far. Again this year I have hopes to cut down!
    I've also been straightening my craft room and trying to clean out the things that I'm just not giving a second thought to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just worked on cleaning my closet out this morning of clothes that I NEVER wear. Why do we keep stuff like that? My son joined the Navy over a year ago and we are finally working on his room. Its going to be a craft/office. All of my crafting stuff is in the garage right now. Soooo my goal for this year, especially in the next 2 months is get that stuff organized and put somewhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I'm back. Ahem! You know, Cathy ... you know. I won't put it out there yet, but can I just say Ahem!?!

    Just wondering if "that little thing" was on your list of resolutions ...

    Ahem!
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mine are very similar to yours! :o) I want to continue on my weight loss journey. I have been using an ap called "Lose it" and have lost 33 pounds. It really is just changing to healthier choices. I want to be consistent in my blogging. This will help me in my giant goal of someday maybe being on a design team. :o) Get organized. I am using FLY lady, and she is helping me in that direction. Lastly, I would just like to be a sweeter, kinder person all around. Happy New Year, and thanks for the chance to win such an awesome prize! Good luck on your goals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My resolutions are similar to yours!! I want to drink less soda and more water and so far I've done well with more water but still have more diet coke than I should!!, but I'll keep working on it. I also want to eat healthier and exercise more, I haven't done as well as I should have so far,but I'm working on that too! I want to get organized in general, including my scrapbook stuff! Haven't started that at all yet.... I also want to try and use less curse words!! Lol!!! Thanks girls for all of your inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every year, I resolve to fix EVERYTHING WRONG with me. Every year, I fail. I'm trying to be more realistic this year - I do want to be healthier, I do want to be more organized, and so on - but I'm taking baby steps instead of trying to do everything at once! So this week, I've cut out soda and am trying to eat fresh fruits/veggies every day. Baby steps!

    I've also set a goal to scrap at least 100 layouts and 50 cards. So far, I've done 9 layouts and 3 cards, with plans to do lots more this weekend, so that seems to be going well!

    That Container Store thing looks AWESOME!!!! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete