Happy Hump Day Blue Fans. This week is trucking right along. Cat and I went to Scrapstashers last night and had a blast............we got to see some of our frans (that's friends + fans). Miss Tracy repurposed some coffee tubs into cute organizational containers for your scrap space or around your home/office. I created mine to go in my craft space, but I want to find a PURPOSE for it before I share pics....so stay tuned. I WILL get it finished and pics shared.
That said, who's with me on this PURPOSE mentality? Cat and I say the same thing going into every new year (like so many others): "This year is going to be the year that I declutter and get things in order." We talk a big game............but we struggle with follow-through. There, I said it! We start strong and fall short. It's overwhelming. It's daunting. It's a lot of work. (everyone nod....even if you don't agree............it makes us feel better. lol).
So, Cat and I have started a theme that has actually become quite the catch phrase between us and we've even brought Miss Tracy in on it. If you were at 'stashers last night, you heard it: GET IT TOGETHER. We like it so much, we coined a hashtag for it: #GIT2015. We would love for you to play along. Tell us, what's on your "short list" to #GIT2015. Follow us on Instagram as we plan to use this hashtag a lot. We'd love to see your progress, too by using this hashtag!
Me? Obviously my scrap space. I have shelves and storage stuff on my walls. I want it all down and my walls cleared of the clutter and distractions. I want a clean, empty canvas. I want a simple room. A functional room. Another area I would like to focus on is Carter's playroom. I want it functional and appealing to the eye (it's one of the first rooms you see when you enter our home).
Cat? She would agree with her scrap space. It's all about simplifying what we have. She also wants to makeover an older piece of furniture and put in her kitchen as focal point. I can't wait to see that! She has a ton of ideas for it!
Over the coming months, you will see a different approach to the blog. While we focus our attention on the LBH Media Team, we will use this blog for more "lifestyle" things. We'll share our progress for our #GIT2015 mission. We'll get crafty and show you what we're makin'. We'll get impulsive and show you what we are buying. We'll get hungry and cook and share some recipes. We'll get silly and share our blunders.
Tell us, what's a project or task you hope to tackle and complete this year? Comment below and we'll draw a winner for a NEW REVERSE CONFETTI DIE.
Their new stamps and dies will be released and available for purchase at LBH on Thursday the 8th (or direct from the Reverse Confetti website). My heart went pitter patter when I saw the "Pretty Panels: Big Chevron" die. It could be yours if you comment below.
Stay True Blue
Cat & Nat

I was eyeing this product also! I know they've come out with other designs in this shape and I think it's a great little touch for lots of crafting projects. One of my goals for the new year is to finally make a shaker card. I adore the look and need to stop putting it off. I've also wanted to make a paper straw wreath for ages and finally did that yesterday. It turned out great! #GIT2015
ReplyDeletewait, a paper straw wreath. i haven't seen those. please share pics. we'd love to see!!!
DeleteI'm gung-ho ready to get my craft room ready. 1st project is mod podging old book pages on my desk top!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see that Angela. please share pics when you're finished!
DeleteHope to repaint a few rooms in our house! Welcome back!?
ReplyDeleteThank you! Like you our home is also in need of a paint job....but in due time. Baby steps on this #GIT2015. Lol
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely need to work on my craft room! I also have several pieces of furniture I want to paint & several craft projects to do. Seems the list is endless! But #GiT2015!
ReplyDeleteMy list is also endless, but at least we have starting points, huh? Good luck Laura!!
DeleteMy #GIT2015 is to finally, once and for all, declutter my Christmas closets! Yes, I said closets with an "s" ... I have stuff in many closets all over my house. After my closets have been purged, then I can move on to my scrap room. I have already done some there so didn't make it my number one priority. So, if you come to my house anytime in the next several days you will find Christmas stuff all over my house, including the bare naked tree still in my living room. In years past I would get over whelmed and finally just shove stuff back where it came from - hoping I can avoid it this time! Came close today to doing just that! Sigh, just wish I was done.
ReplyDeleteWhile I don't have the collection of Christmas stuff as you, I do have it occupying one closet in which I wish to condense. I'm ready to turn my closets into functioning closets......as in, should my guests want a place to put their suitcase and/or hang their clothes, they have that. Right now, there is no floor space or room for all of that. ugh! Good luck, Rita!
Delete