Thursday, October 2, 2014

Throwback Thursday: What organizing will unveil

Good Morning Blue Fans.

A few months ago, I gave a tour of my scrap room and showed you my Raskog cart.  These carts are all the rage right now for scrapbookers. I LOVE mine. But, it's never been organized. It became a catch all for new products and it was getting out of control. So, OPERATION RASKOG was in order.

Here is the before picture of my beloved Raskog.
MESSY MESSY MESSY

Now for the big reveal
Still a lot of stuff, but it's so pretty and organized

The top shelf holds all of my ephemera and sticker sheets. That's a lotta ephemera y'all!

The 2nd shelf holds Queen & Co goodies, frames, photo cards/mats

The 3rd shelf holds flair/brads, small envelopes, simple embellishments for quick creating of gift card holders, etc


I love how it's organized and everything has its spot.

Some months ago, I picked up this little desk tray at The Container Store.

I've seen a few blogs in which the designers have something like this on their desk as a bit of a "catch all" for ephemera, clips, brads, etc. I knew I wanted to organize mine similar so that I would have a selection of embellishments within an arms reach. I LOVE it. So much so, I'm picking myself up another one to take to an upcoming retreat. Cat is also going to snag herself a couple as well.


I was so proud of my organization and the unveiling of those "forgotten" products I've had for some time, I wanted to make a layout.




Products Used:

  • Simple Stories "24/7" SN@P CARDS (forgot I had those)
  • Queen & Co Exclamations
  • Misc ephemera from my stash
  • Quick Quotes "Creamy Cocoa" ink
  • Bo Bunny flair/buttons (forgot I had these, too)
  • Simple Stories "24/7" epoxy brads (oooooh, ahhhh....forgot about these, too)
  • Martha Stewart Heart Punch
  • Twine from my stash
  • Martha Stewart Photo Corner Punch
  • EK Success Label Punch


Thanks so much for joining me today. I hope I have left you inspired. Do you have any new organizational tips you've just discovered or started using? I'd love to hear about 'em.

Stay True Blue,
Nat

3 comments:

  1. I sure wish I had room on my desk for one of those catch-all trays from the Container Store, but I don't (by the way, I LOVE the Container Store!). I do, however, have a little candy dish from the thrift store that serves the same purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am really wanting one of those Raskog bins. Maybe I will put that on my birthday wish list! I love how you can see all your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't been answering your blog because my computer screen died. Now I have a new one!
    Don't have any new organizing tips, but would love to have a Raskog Cart like yours!

    ReplyDelete