Friday, October 3, 2014

Finished in a Flash Friday Challenge

Hello Blue House Fans!!  Cat here with another edition of Finished in a Flash Friday.  That's where Nat, Miss Tracy and I each gather a stack of supplies and then challenge ourselves to complete a layout in 20 mins flat.  The pressure, the excitement...it's almost too much to handle.  Ha!  Click here & here & here to see some of our past Friday Flash layouts.
 
This Flash challenge has a bit of a twist though, our Blue Crew Fan of the Month, Amy Click challenged us to complete a DOUBLE page layout in 30 mins!  Challenge accepted Miss Amy.
 
Here's Miss Tracy with her layout and a little about the supplies & techniques she used.  Take it away Miss T:

Miss Tracy's Supplies:
 NEW Burlap & Bows Collection by Fancy Pants Designs
Chipboard Alphas by Maya Road
NEW Double Dot Paper by BoBunny
Shipping tag
White Distress Paint - Ranger
 Goosebump Bling by Queen & Co.
Twine & Button
Chalk Inks - Coal Miner, Dusty Rose
Black Fine Tip Journaling Pitt Pen - Faber Castel
Bracket Punch by Little B
Scotch Tacky Glue and Glossy Accents



Saved a ton of time on this layout by not cutting photo mats.
They aren't always necessary and I think my layout looks great without them!

Painted over my chipboard letters with my Distress Paint dauber (white). Drys really fast and no need for a brush...gotta love that! Inked the edges with Dusty Rose Chalk Ink and topped with a swipe of Glossy Accents. Love the look!!!

Love to add journaling and details to my papers with my Pitt Pens!
I fussy cut a few flowers from a Floral Print in the collection to bring some flowers over to my second page of my double. I love the color cluster it added!

Love this Bracket Punch...as a whole and cut in half...makes a great decorative tab!

Here is Nat's Layout:


Products Used:
We R Memory Keepers "Hall Pass" collection
Studio Calico Epoxy Brad
Queen & Co Enamel dots
Simple Stories DIY kraft journal layers
School themed stamps from my stash....wait, I mean my mom's stash.  Thanks, Mom! Were you looking for these? hehehehehehe

And mine:



Products Used:
Echo Park / Glitz Photo Freedom birthday collection
Queen & Co. washi tape
Buttons from my stash
Quick Quotes chalk ink in Lemonade, Tahiti & Coal Miner

Quick hint on my layout: I used the 4x6 journal cards as photo mats for my pics.  It gives my layout the look of using lots of patterns from the collection, but I didn't have to take a lot of time to cut down 12x12 papers.  I love how it turned out.

And there you have it ladies, 30 minutes and 3 awesome DOUBLE page layouts.  Not a bad way to wrap up the week.

I hope you all have a fun-filled weekend.

Stay True Blue,
Cat

3 comments:

  1. Delightful layouts, ladies! It teaches me that I don't necessarily have to spend an entire day on a project for it to look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look great. I'm very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to all of you! You did it! Love all 3 LO's! Would hate to have to pick a winner! All 3 are inspiring and amazing! Great ideas for faster LO's, gurls!

    ReplyDelete