Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Workday Wednesday: The Great Scrap Catch (Up)

Good Morning Blue Fans! Nat here with a new little series Cat and I are going to do over the next few months. As we've said time and time again......Cat and I talk to one another. A lot. 85% of our chatter is centered around this blog and just crafty stuff in general. We dream big and we admit.....at times, we produce little. We, like so many other scrapbookers, get caught up in scrappin' the new, current events that those older events fall by the wayside. So, what better place to start scrappin' those pictures that we've been piling up for years, than here.....to feature for our fans on the blog. YOU will hold us accountable. RIGHT?!?! Right?!?!? We hope so.

Now, it was deciding what events each would want to scrap that was the hard part. We didn't want to just pick old, misc pictures....we wanted to focus on something a little less random. Cat's choice: Birthday. My choice: older "professional" pictures. Yes, it's a hodge podge of pictures, but y'all don't understand.....I have a ton. A year's worth to be exact. When Carter was born in 2009, I was one of "those" moms that dressed him up EACH month around his "month birthday" and headed to Target, JCP, etc to have his photos captured. I always got suckered into those "specials." You know.....the ones that come with way more pictures that you will ever frame and distribute to friends/family. I can't just toss 'em. I need to scrap them. So, over the next few months, I will do so. And Cat will show you how her progress is coming along with the nieces birthdays.

Just to show you how many of these "monthly birthday" pictures I have.....
Envelopes FULL of photos...I have my work cut out!


To start this series, I chose to scrap a picture of Carter when he was just 11 months old. I also wanted to challenge myself to scrap an 8x10 photo. I have so many of these and struggle with placement. I used this layout to get me going.
Source


Now, for my layout:




Products Used:

  • FPD "Swagger" paper collection
  • Ephemera from Crate Paper "Boys Rule"
  • Quick Quotes "Creamy Cocoa"


Now for Cat's layout...

Hey Ladies!  I am so excited for this new series.  Thank y'all in advance for helping to keep me accountable. 

My nieces are 7 and 2...so I have 9 birthdays that should be scrapped (not to mention one that is this weekend, so really 10) and I have completed exactly 2.  TWO!!  Oh the shame.  This week I am working on Makennas 6th birthday.  I started last week as you can see here.  This is my layout for this week:






And what's a Wednesday without a prize!!!! Miss Tracy is giving away $10 in BLUE HOUSE BUCKS!!!! Comment below and tell us a pic-heavy event that is collecting dust in your scrap space that you would like to tackle. We challenge you to play along with the "The Great Scrap Catch (Up)".

Last week's winner is Summer Armistead. Congrats!!!! You win your choice of 3 Quick Quotes chalk inks!!  Your prize will be available Saturday at The Little Blue House.

Check back tomorrow. I will show you a new little organizational goodie that I'm sure you will want to rush to get!

Stay True Blue,
Nat

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Summer! I know you'll enjoy your inks!
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. My biggest project with the most pictures sitting around waiting to be done is my heritage/geneology albums. I have tons of old pictures and someday want to do some amazing heritage albums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tons of heirloom photos as well... can't decide how to start

    ReplyDelete
  4. My great big catch up is photos my parents and grand parents gave me. I'm now the collector of photos so I have boxes of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to scrapbook the birth of my little boy. He's 22 months now and cute and sassy. The memorabilia and photos really want to be scrapbooked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 4 kids worth of those professional photos which is code for a really BiG PiLE. I finally sorted them and sent my older kids the duplicates. Thought they needed to be dispersed in case of loss. They are hard to scrap for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I applaud your efforts to scrap those formal portraits! I've done the same thing - tons of school pictures and many, many J. C. Penny seasonal portraits. To be honest, I don't enjoy scrapping these as much as the more meaningful snapshots, but it's good to see them in the albums.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No way! I have been in and out of doctor offices today, and this has made my whole day so much better! :) Thank you so much!

    The mountain of pictures that I need to tackle are all of my 4 year old daughter. It seems I have been dabbling more with altered items, cute LBH tag sets with the blocks, and gift items. I find that I get burned out on scrapping pictures over and over... so I seem to go in phases.

    Seriously, thank you again! I can't believe this. It has been a rough day today, and I'm so grateful for this blessing!

    ReplyDelete