It seems thin metal dies are all the rage right now. Manufacturers that were once all about paper collections have branched out to create stamps and die sets that coordinate with their collections. Those companies that were strictly stamps have started to create coordinating dies for their stamp sets. I'm not going to lie......I am more times likely to purchase a stamp set if it has a coordinating die to go along with it. Why? Because I'm LAZY people. L.A.Z.Y. I hate to fussy cut stuff. Not to mention, a die produces such a clean, sharp cut compared to those unsteady hands when cutting detailed images.
Another fact about me? My heart goes pitter patter over the Reverse Confetti dies. I love the versatility and whimsy of their products. We did a week long feature with them not too long ago. And you can get the latest Reverse Confetti stamps and dies at The Little Blue House.
So, I somewhat challenged myself to turn off my silhouette. Wait, who am I kidding? That machine is NEVER turned off....rather, I just chose NOT to use it for this project. Instead, I pulled out some of my Reverse Confetti dies and created a layout.
I really wanted to "think outside of the box" for this one, so I created stems for the flowers using the "Doin the Wave" die and made flowers from the "Circles and Scallops" die. I also used the "Winning" die set to create my banner. I finished off the layout with a journal die cut using the "Label Me" die.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Before I leave, I need to announce the winners from our ADORNit feature this week. Congrats to:
Heather Thompson : 12x12 paper pad
Linda Hahn : HAPPY banner kit
Amy Cooley: Tote & fabric bundle
Your prizes will be ready for pick-up at the Little Blue House on Saturday. If you are a far away fan, you can email us at lbhbluecrew@gmail.com.
Stay True Blue,
Nat

Very very awesome. Thank you. I want to do some shopping today and take you up on your specials
ReplyDeleteJust emailed you gals, Thank you again and congrats to the other winners.
DeleteYipee! Thanks so much! I'm a big fan of dies also. They are my favorite tool to use in crafting.
ReplyDeleteI['m so HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY to win the HAPPY banner! Banners are near and dear to my heart! Thank you so much!!!
ReplyDeleteI, too, am loving the Reverse Confetti stamps and die cuts! Love your "out of the box" use of the dies...you are so clever!
Glad to see other companies are getting on this bandwagon. CTMH has had the Cricut cartridges that cut the shapes to go with their stamps for the past 3 years now and I love it. No more fussy cutting out stamp images!
ReplyDelete