Monday, August 25, 2014

Make it Monday: Back to School Gifts

Good Morning Blue House Fans. Today is the day. Along with so many others, Carter is starting his journey into "real" school. He's been in a daycare/preschool since he was 8 weeks old. So, for me, today should be a piece of cake. It is not. I fight back tears as I write this. I'm such a sap when it comes to him. I found this on Pinterest and how fitting it is....

Now that that is out of the way, here are some fun things I made for Carter's first day of school.  During meet the teacher night last week, his teacher had some post-its up on the board of "wish" items.  I took a lot of the artsy things to get her....glitter, googly eyes, stickers, letter beads, etc.  Over the weekend, my mom and I headed out to do a little last minute shopping and pick up these things for the teacher. I put it all together in a red (the school's colors are red+blue) tote and made a tag I cut with my silhouette (design # 65161).

In addition to that, mom and I also made these cute little pencil toppers. These were so easy. We just printed and cut out.  I put Scor-Tape on the back and wrapped around some pencils that Cat had to pick up for me last minute at Kroger (thanks, Cat!!!!).


And last but not least, his frame/picture that he will hold for his pictures as we head off to school.  I found this on Etsy here.  I love Etsy for things like this. True, I could have designed this myself in my silhouette, printed it and voila. But sometimes, spending $10 is well worth all the time I would have spent trying to recreate.

If you have kiddos or grands in school, if you are a teacher/administrator/faculty or if you are in school yourself, make it a GREAT year!!!!

Thanks, Mom for your help this weekend!!! I now know how you felt 32 years ago as you took me to school. :-( Carter loves you and I know he will be so excited to tell his Meme all about his first day of Kindergarten.

Stay True Blue,

Nat

1 comment:

  1. I cried with you as I read this post. I felt for you.
    I remember my own daughter going off to school and dropping her off then turning around and heading back to the car as fast as I could go, tears pouring down my face. Next week I'll do it again for my Granddaughter who'll be in her 2nd year of preschool. New beginnings are harder on the Parents and Grandparents than it is on the children.

    .

    ReplyDelete