Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Workday Wednesday: A School Layout

Happy Hump Day BLUE Fans!!! This week is moving right along.

As Cat and I were planning this week out for the blog, we determined we had an unintentional theme: Birthday.  On top of that, it's rather fitting, giving it's The Little Blue House's birthday!!!! Happy 4th Birthday to our favorite little scrap store!!!! This weekend, the girls at LBH are hosting their monthly create-a-thon and it's sure to be a PARTY!!!  Miss Susan Liles, design team coordinator for Reverse Confetti, will be in the 'House doing a free make n take. Cat and I will also be in and out to help celebrate and see everyone!!! 

So, to continue the birthday theme, I have a bit of a challenge for you.  I have SO many birthday paper collections but the only birthdays I scrap are Carter's. And, well, he's 5. So......that means I have WAY more paper than Carter's had birthdays. Wait, isn't that a common problem for ALL scrappers? "I have WAY more paper than _______." Anyway....most of the papers in these birthday collections I have remind me of school colors; reds, blues, greens, yellows. PERFECT. I will challenge myself to use my birthday papers and embellishments to make a school layout.

To start, I wanted to use this layout by Kat Benjamin as my inspiration.  She shared the honor with Cat and I as part of the Queen & Co. guest design team. I love her use of the 3x4 cards that are so popular now.




Here is my take on the layout. 





Products used:



Thanks so much for stopping by.  What subject (other than birthday) would you scrap with birthday papers?

Stay True Blue
Nat

4 comments:

  1. I have so many Halloween papers, I've got to start making other LO"s with the ones that don't have ghosts or skeletons on them. Carter's Kinder LO was a great way to use some of your birthday paper. You made great use of those 3 X 4 cards, too. (I need to start using those.) On Kat B.'s LO, it looks like she used some washi tape on the top and bottom of it. That's another thing I need to start doing. Thanks for all the ideas today for using things that I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Miss Linda, she used washi. In fact, I wish i would have used some strips at the top and bottom to break up some of the white space. oh well! i may go back and add it.....i LOVE those 3x4 cards. and the Simple Stories packs are WONDERFUL because they are double sided.

      Delete
  2. Thanks....sometimes I get stuck in the theme and forget to look at the colors and coordinating papers. Love the ideas!

    ReplyDelete