What's on my scrap desk currently? The simple answer is: A mess. It's bad y'all. These last few weeks have been a whirl wind of activity and I have wreaked havoc all over the place.
Wanna see?
Ugh, my heart hurts a little looking at it. If I close my eyes tight enough I can still remember how pretty it looked earlier this year. Le sigh. No worries though ladies, I WILL NOT be letting it get back to the 'before' picture condition. Ever. I have some time carved into my schedule later this week to get it all ship shape again. I will just crank my "Craft Room Clean-up" playlist on the ol' iPad and get after it. (yes, I have a playlist just for the job)
Tonight, in order to get a little jump start on the task at hand and in attempt to salvage a little sanity, I did a little bit of organizing that I want to share with you.
I have a large collection of Quick Quotes Chalk Inks. By collection I mean all of them. I love them. I have been storing them in small snap close bins I got at the craft store.
As they release more colors and my collection grows, this is just not working anymore. I have to spend more time than I should arranging them all just so to get the lid to close. Plus, its a pain to dig for the color I want. Nat snagged some long narrow baskets in the dollar bins at Target. Her inks are easy to access and I just love how that's working out for her. I picked up some similar ones for myself at Dollar Tree.
Wanna see a picture that will set all the OCD hearts out there a-flutter?
Eeeeeekkkk!
So, my desk is still a mess, but my inks are in glorious little color coded rows. I am doing my happy dance, Folks.
| My happy dance!! |
Want some Quick Quotes inks for yourself? Leave me a comment and tell me what's on your scrap desk and we will randomly draw a winner!
Stay True Blue,
Cat
Haha - I bettcha my mess is bigger 'n your mess. No lie. If we'd bet, I'd win, hands down. Now, can I win those Quick Quotes Inks? Hmmmmmmm. You know you're my BFF, right!?!
ReplyDeleteSuZeQ
My craft rooms have things stacked everywhere. Right now, I've got lots of Halloween paper and embellishments scattered all over my desk, but I still have room for some "Quick Quotes"inks on it
ReplyDeleteLove to see other people's craft rooms!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE those trays! I have a bunch of the same ink pads from LBH, and I hope our local Target has the same ones! Sadly, my craft room is also a mess. It is full of pictures of my wrecked car, medical bills, and insurance paperwork... due to someone not paying attention. I sincerely can't wait to be pain-free so that I can be crafty again. Thank you SO much for posting about these trays!
ReplyDeleteYou know that time when a crafters desk is all neat and organized...said no crafter ever! My desk is topped with adhesives, scissors, punches, graph paper and a drink holder made from a toilet flange (loved and copied from LBH).
ReplyDeleteYes!
DeleteI love how your chalks are organized by the ROYGBIV order. All my scrapbooking supplies are done in the same way, even my t-shirts and blouses are organized by ROYBIV. Maybe I should organize my books by ROYGBIV...or my pantry...or my garage? Help!
ReplyDeleteOn my craft room desk is my layout from last night's LBH Scraptivity class, which was awesome. I have a stack of layouts that need something, my laptop I need for tonight's class, new fall papers, page builder print outs, random photos and a plastic football. Lol
ReplyDeleteOn my desk I have some purple, black and silver glitters, foam pumpkins, foam balls, a black permanent marker and a grapevine wreath at the moment! I'm working on some Halloween crafts :)
ReplyDeletenurse_mommy(at)live(dot)com
I have lots of doggy stuff on my desk and, no, it's not what you think. It appears that I am attempting to collect all things that are dog related...paper, brads, punches, layouts. Dooley, a yellow lab, is my grand-dog who was adopted by me when my son could no longer keep him. I love that crazy dog and since I don't have any grandchildren, he's the recipient of all the attention.
ReplyDeleteI've got a lot of fall-themed products out right now. I just finished up a project.
ReplyDeleteWhat's not on my scrap table is the question!
ReplyDeleteI have tiles, vinyl and my silhouette plus lots of layouts that are "in progress" I must get some of those dollar bins too! Love the QQ colrs in them!
ReplyDeleteFirst layer, layout I was working on. Then a layer of goodies I brought home from Hot Springs, AR. Next layer, all of the things I was going through to decide what to take to create-a-thon. Last, all of the things I brought home from create-a-thon and left there. It is almost to archaeological layer dig status.
ReplyDeleteOh my desk...I thought yours looked good! I have new paper, ink pads, stamps, adhesives, etc...I have enough of a clear spot to lay down 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card. No lie. I'm tackling it next week during vacation. Lol
ReplyDeleteWell, just like you I have a big mess on my desk. I have the exact same light w/ cubby holes! I love that light. I also have inks, papers, scissors, cards 1/2 made, leaves from making a autumn page....the list is really quite exhausting. But I, like you, LOVE organizing my supplies. I love your ink trays!
ReplyDelete