Today I want to show you how versatile ALL of your paper can be. I know that I get stuck in the mindset that themed papers only have one purpose, and frankly that just not true! Remember Nats layout earlier this week where she used birthday papers to create a non-birthday layout? In keeping with our birthday theme for the week, I am flipping that idea around and using a non-birthday paper line to make a birthday layout. Oooohhhh, aaaaahhhhh. Magic. Ha!
Products used:
•Pink Paislee: "Switchboard" 6x6 papers & ephemera
•Cardstock (Bazill & American Crafts)
•Adhesive backed scalloped trim (available at LBH)
•QQ Powder Puff Ink: Coral, Biscotti & Tahiti
•Queen & Co twine
•American Crafts Thickers
I just picked up the fun Pink Paislee Switchboard line from LBH; I bought all of the fun embellies and the 6x6 pad. Here is what I came up with:
Don't forget to stop by The Little Blue House tomorrow to celebrate their BIRTHDAY! The awesome Susan Liles will be there with a FREE and adorable Reverse Confetti make & take. Plus, you just might see me & Nat there!
So, because its Friday, and because we LOVE our followers, and because there is a birthday to be celebrated...lets give away a prize!!! What a way to end the week?!?
Tell us your favorite birthday memory in the comments below and Sunday we will announce a winner of some birthday themed scrappy goodies. I can't tell you what it is, because its a SURPRISE!! But I can tell you, you will love it. So comment away!
Stay True Blue,
Cat
It was my 13th birthday and my family and I had recently moved from the city to the country. My Dad planned to have a couple of cows so he had a pond (or as we call it...a "tank") dug. It was fairly deep with a big dam across one side. Rain had been forecasted in a couple of days and my birthday was right around the corner. Dad asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday and I responded, "I want us to have a picnic at the bottom of the tank before it fills with water." Weird request, I know, but being a Daddy's girl and an only child, Dad made that happen. The next evening, we sat on a quilt at the bottom of the tank, eating chips and sandwiches. It was an experience like no other, looking up at the dirt walls surrounding us. The rain came a few days later and the tank began to fill. Oh, if only I could go back to that day and do it all again. Dad is in Heaven now but on each and every birthday I remember the day he sat with me at the bottom of the tank, laughing and making wonderful memories.
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite Birthday's was my 40th!! My best friend from high school flew in from Arizona to surprise me for my birthday!! It was so awesome!! We spent the weekend in a hotel, went to the spa and ordered room service!!
ReplyDeleteI don't know that I have a favorite birthday memory because all of them have been special. My family always treats me so well!
ReplyDeleteWhen my mom let me invite pretty much the whole 4th grade (never imagining they would all come) and she had to send someone to the store to get 2 more birthday cakes!
ReplyDeleteMine is pretty simple. I an family with 5 kids, there weren't a lot of presents but we did get to have what we wanted for dinner. Through the years my request never changed. For me it was fried chicken, back in the 50's and 60's it was actually considered a "legal food" along with cherry pie with ice cream for dessert. Mmm, I can still almost taste it!
ReplyDeleteThat's supposed to be "in a family"
ReplyDeleteI have 2, my 21st & my 30th. For my 21st, my parents surprised me with a party. Had both sets of grandparents there and friends from high school. For my 30th my hubby got me again with a surprise party. Too much fun! !!
ReplyDelete