Happy weekend Blue Fans! I hope you all had a great week. So glad the weekend is here. We are into fall and that means things are busy busy busy for the Sheeran family. This seems to be the time we have a million and 10 birthday parties to attend (including one today), Halloween, Thanksgiving and the list goes on. In looking at Carter's school "social" calendar, he's got quite the events lined up, too. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE this time of year. The colors, the weather, the smell in the air, the excuse to bundle up and pull out your sweaters....yep, it's my favorite time of year.
That said, I've been in a "pinning" mood lately. My craft, layout, seasonal boards are growing by the days. I need to start CREATING. I figured I would share some of my top projects I'd like to create over the coming months. Cat and I also try to plan a few project days when the weather cools, too. We'll put a soup in the crock pot, craft and laugh all day long! But we only laugh a little. We are very serious, y'all. ;-)
1. Printer's Tray; this has been on my (and Cat's) crafting wish list for awhile now. We even took one of Miss Tracy's pickers classes that featured making a printer's tray. I think we both just got overwhelmed and we didn't have a "true" focus of what we wanted the end result to look like. I want mine to go over my mantle, so it needs to be an eye-catching piece. THE PRESSURE. But Cat and I MUST finish these!!!
2. DIY Floating Ornament; this one is easy and I've seen a ton on Pinterest as well as some of the Silhouette Facebook groups I belong to.
3. Chicken Wire Frame; we've all seen these. This was another project that Cat and I started and it still sits in my garage. I intended for it to be used to showcase Carter's schoolwork, but we just don't have a good spot in house for that. So, now I need to find a new purpose and finish it. Maybe hang it in my craft room to display some projects? Yep, I think I JUST decided its new purpose.
4. Advent Calendar; yes, it is true...Carter does NOT have an advent calendar....yet. Truth be told; I had never really had a place in our house for one. I'm weird like that. I want everything to have its place....I don't want to stick some structure/calendar in a random spot. But I have made up my mind where I want to put it. I would like to string it, banner-style, from the mantle. So, I guess I need to get cracking on that.
So, I have a rather big list ahead of myself. Now to prioritize and get these things started AND finished.
Tell me, what's on your project wish list? Or what's a project that you started and you would like to get finished? I'd love to hear about 'em.
Stay True Blue,
Nat

I also have a printers tray that is still unfinished. Need to start all kinds of holiday projects. I have lots of really cute stamps still in their packages. A messy stamp is a happy stamp, right? Lastly I need to work on learning more about my Silhouette machine.
ReplyDeleteMaybe we can talk Miss Tracy in another "printers tray" class? or at the very least, an opportunity for all of us to come up to the 'House and work on 'em. She doesn't even have to teach.........I'm sure we all just need to FINISH. And get out your stamps Miss Deb.........like I have played with all of mine. lol.
DeleteChristmas. Christmas. Christmas. Starting next week (or the week after) and that's all that's going to be in my playground. Oh - did I say "glitter?"
ReplyDeleteSuZeQ
Keep us posted on your progress Sue!
DeleteI am truly laughing, I don't think there is enough space in this little box to list all of my unfinished projects, want to do projects, unfinished Layouts, or kitted Layouts. Okay, I will pick one: I need to finish my October Afternoon Travel Girl mini-album.
ReplyDeleteYeah, Debbie, I laugh just reading back what I wrote. It's a rather lofty list and it was only a BARE list of the stuff i really want to do over the next year+. ho hum! Keep us posted on your Travel Girl mini-album!
DeleteSince I babysit my Grandkids about 6 days a week, I'm trying to cut my long list down to 2-3 items that MUST be finished this year. I have an almost completed Halloween countdown tray that must be finished by Tuesday night, a few Halloween cards, and some Christmas gifts that I need to make from Tracy's Christmas workshops. That's about all the crafting I have time for this year.
ReplyDeleteKeep us posted on your progress. I love scrappin' and creating for Halloween. Problem is, i never decorate for it. ugh. but i LOVE the colors...............greens, purples, oranges!
Delete