So, let's get to our "Finished in a Flash" challenge. You can see last month's challenge here. March always sneaks up on people and this time was no exception. I was joined by Nadine and Vicki of the LBH Media Team for this month's "Finished in a Flash" challenge. Here were the rules for this month:
- 30 minutes
- make a treat container
- Easter OR Spring themed
- use something clear OR metallic
Nadine, Vicki and I "met" on Facebook Monday night to share a shot of our supplies. We gave each other a pep talk and waited for the clock to hit 9:00pm and we were off to the races.......well, the race against time anyway. 30 minutes people. 30 minutes to turn out a treat container and holding to the other challenge "requirements". Let me tell you, those first 10 minutes seem to take forever. I always look at my clock thinking I have seconds left only to realize I'm only 10 minutes in. YEAH! But those last 20 minutes just zoom right by. But I'm happy to report that the 3 of us ended up with some rather cute treat containers. Here's a look at mine.
Products Used:
- White treat sack
- Lawn Fawn "Party Banners" (thanks Mom....told you I use the stuff I "borrow" from you!)
- Lawn Fawn "Stitched Hillside" Border
- Lawn Fawn "Happy Easter" stamps and dies
- The Stamps of Life "bunny4easter" stamp set
- Copics
- Gold embossing powder / Versamark ink
- Gold twine
- Caribbean Blue Quick Quotes ink
- 2 scraps of green paper (2 different shades)
- White cardstock
- Crop a dile
What I learned from this challenge:
I don't have the right ink for Copic coloring. The ink that I used (archival) bled a little on the bunny and chickie. ARGH. I'm posting my imperfections anyway!!!! I've since learned you want to use the Memento "tuxedo black" ink when working with Copics. Lesson learned. Ink ordered.
Aside from the ink incident I love how this turned out. And I love how Nadine and Vicki's containers turned out, too. You can see their containers below by clicking to their respective blogs.
Nadine
Vicki
I hope you all have a great weekend and next week. Jerry, Carter and I are leaving tomorrow to travel down to San Antonio with some friends (plus their twins). The kids are the cute snow angels you saw here. We drive back Tuesday to drop Jerry off at the house and Carter and I are heading to spend the rest of the week with my mom. Mom and I are going to get crafty and she's going to bake me some pies. I may even convince her to let me take photos of her craft space and share with you. She's the queen of organization.
Don't forget about LBH Open House tomorrow. Because they have been forced to close the shop a few days as a result of our crazy Texas weather, they will also be open this Sunday.
The WINNER from Wednesday's giveaway is Laura J. Congrats Laura!!! Your $10 gift certificate will be ready for pick up (and spending) on Saturday at the LBH.
Stay True Blue
Nat




Fabulous bag tag! Love the gold embossing.
ReplyDeleteLoved all 3 container ideas! Thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDelete