Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Bunny Hop Blog Hop - Day 2 - Easter Layout

Hey Blue Fans. Thanks so much for hopping back for a 2nd day of inspiring Easter projects.


Today I have an Easter layout to show you that uses the "Easter Parade" collection by Doodlebug. The collection can be found at The Little Blue House or online here.


So, let's get started…

Materials Used:

  • Multi Color Polka Dot from "Easter Parade", 12 x 12 base page 
  • Yellow tonal patterned paper from "Easter Parade", 4 1/4 x 12
  • 2 teal borders fussy cut from the Border patterned paper from "Easter Parade"
  • Robin's Egg cardstock, 3 squares cut at 3 1/4"(will be photo mats)
  • Scraps of cardstock in Robin's Egg and Magenta
  • Pink/White twine, Doodlebug
  • Sprinkles vellum in Green
  • Easter Confetti die by Taylored Expressions (found here)
  • Mini Envelope die by Taylored Expressions (found here)
  • Stickers from "Easter Parade" collection
  • small hole punch
  • adhesives (pop dots, ATG, glossy, Xyron X tape runner)
  • Clear Wink of Stella (found here)
  • Caribbean Blue chalk ink by Quick Quotes (found here)


How To:

Ink all papers in Caribbean Blue ink

Lay yellow strip of tonal in center of Polka Dot base page
Adhere fussy cut borders to each side of the yellow strip

Adhere 3 photo mats to the yellow tonal patterned paper, finish with 3 - 3" pictures

Adhere the kraft Easter banner stickers from the collection to a scrap of Robin's Egg cardstock. Fussy cut leaving a small border around the banner. Punch holes in the top left and top right corners of each of the banner pieces

Thread pink/white twine through each of the banner pieces. I kept my pieces close together and didn't leave much open space between the letters. Make sure you leave a large tail on each end of the banner once threaded.
With pop dots, adhere the banner to the top right corner of the page

Using the long tail of twine from the banner, adhere the twine around the page using random loops. I used glossy accents to adhere my twine down at the loops (only). I did NOT use glossy on all of my twine.

Die cut the Mini Envelope from the Green Sprinkles Vellum. Put the envelope together, leaving the top part open. I used a tiny strip of ATG to seal the rest of the envelope shut (it doesn't need much adhesive). Adhere envelope to the bottom left of the page at an angle (again, I used a tiny strip of ATG)

Die cut Easter Confetti from scraps of Robin's Egg and Magenta cardstock. For these tiny pieces, I used my 'X' for the adhesive
Scatter the confetti in/around the envelope to make it look like it's falling out of the envelope.
Finish the page with some word stickers on the photos. I also pop dotted the orange arrow (added a word sticker to it) and pointed towards the pictures


This layout went together so quickly. I just love the Easter Confetti die and the Sprinkles Vellum.


Don't forget to check out the rest of our Bunny Hop bloggers. Have you commented? The Little Blue House is giving away one GRAND PRIZE to a lucky commenter that visits and comments on EACH of the participating projects in this blog hop. You don't want to miss out!!


Thanks so much for hopping by today.

Stay True Blue

Nat


4 comments:

  1. Love the little flags and little envelope. Super cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love everything by Doodlebug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. Love the banner on the page 😊

    ReplyDelete