Wednesday, February 11, 2015

What's Up Wednesday: Cat’s new obsession


Hello & HAPPY WEDNESDAY Blue House Fans!!  Another week is just whizzing by and it doesn’t look like it’s going to slow down anytime soon.  I need to find a pause button somewhere so I can catch my breath!!  Who’s with me?  Ha!   

Wanna know what I am just mad-nuts-in-love with?  Puffy sequined self-adhesive heart trim.  Let’s take a minute to let all of that soak in shall we?  Just gaze at this lovely-ness.


 

It’s a too cute trim that Miss Tracy got in at The Little Blue House and it’s been making an appearance on just about everything I have created since I bought it. 
 

If you remember, it was also in the latest Front PorchKit. 

And they have been making several appearances in The Little Blue House Love Bug feature going on this week. Take a look.
 

Here is a short list of why I adore this trim so much:

1)      It’s puffy – That means dimension on your page without even trying.  And we all love a little dimension, don’t we?

2)      It’s sequined – I don’t really think I need to elaborate here…right?  It sparkles, it shines, it makes me smile.

3)      It’s self-adhesive – I’m a sucker for an embellishment with a good adhesive backing.  It cuts out a step and makes life easier somehow.  Le sigh.

4)      It’s a heart – Quite possibly my favorite shape ever.  I love using it on my pages and projects because I {heart} the subject of my pages so much.  Te he he.

5)      It’s versatile – You can use it all strung together as trim or cut it apart into individual little pieces of loveliness.

 

 

Tonight I am headed north to visit with my sister, Momma and sweet little nieces, Makenna & Maddie.  Have I mentioned that I {heart} those girlies?  We have a Valentines tradition of making school Valentines for their classmates & teachers together.  This will be Maddie’s first year to help out.  A 3 year old elbow deep in ink, glue and glitter?  Sign me up!!!  I’ll have pictures, a quick tutorial and (I’m sure) lots of funny stories to tell you all on Friday, so don’t forget to check back.
 

And, if that wasn’t enticing enough of a reason to visit Friday, how about this:  Because it’s Wednesday, and because I love our readers so much, let’s give away a prize shall we? 
 

Leave me a comment below and tell me what you have planned for Valentine’s Day.  Mushy love fest?  Sweet date night?  Celebrating Han’s style? Solo.  (I’m not even a Star Wars fan and that made me laugh)
 

I will select one commenter to win a selection of trims/trinkets/embellies (including the sequined hearts I mentioned above).  So comment away!  And if you leave a comment or share our Facebook post, I’ll enter your name into the hat a second time to increase your chances of winning.  Woot!
 
Stay True Blue,
Cat

 

9 comments:

  1. I love those puffy hearts! They make a cute banner too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention that hubby is taking me to Brios for dinner and then a movie!!! #datenight

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm spending the day with my two boys and husband. No special plans, maybe just a few sweet treats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No plans at all! Yikes! I will probably scrapbook all day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going out with my husband to dinner and a play. Love the puffy hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Grandkids will be spending the night, so we will be making a Valentine Day dessert with Avery and Isaac (4 & 2), making homemade valentines, then after supper have our dessert, give out valentines and candy,and then
    have Family Movie night!
    PS> I love the puffy hearts,too, for the same reasons you mentioned, but haven't bought any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these hearts too! I just spent the evening making gifts for my MOPS ladies for Valentine's and these hearts were on the package.
    I look forward to spending the day with my sis visiting here from Phoenix and then dinner with my family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am an ER nurse so I will be working on Valentine's day. I love the puffy heart you did trimmed I twine. Cute

    ReplyDelete